F Crazy Hectic | tamdoll's workspace

Crazy Hectic

June 3, 2011
I’m trying not to let the mayhem that is having teenagers get to me.  Making some cell phone cases & purses to sell locally (will announce on Facebook).  Thinking about some crazy handbag projects for my online shop (in a week or two?).  Working on some family projects (will post this weekend, they have to be kept secret for now!) 
I love to read and usually reach for a fantasy/vampire/post-apocalyptic style book to escape reality…. but I heard about this book, Take Your Time: Finding Balance in a Hurried World and thought it was great.
 
It made sense and the 8 steps recommended are practical and doable.  Most of the time, I’d say that I loathe self-help type books.  Loathe. 

Have you read this book?  Are you going to?  Do you have any favorite books that you’d recommend that are easy to read and practical?

3 comments:

  1. It's school holidays in S'pore and with so much homework to complete, it's almost insane. My girl says school holidays are worse than school days. I spend so much time keeping an eye on my girl because she keeps declaring break time for herself that it's exhausting. It's no fun being a kid in S'pore. I personally am not attracted to self-help books. But once I read a book about how to do well selling online and it turned out to be just a lot of talk and nothing I could use. IMHO, self-help books tend to over promise and under deliver.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not good about getting through self-help books. I almost need a class where I'm forced to finish it.
    Did it offer steps that were new ideas to you? I'm curious whether you'll still be doing them a month from now.
    Is it a thin book? ; ) I just might get through it if it's thin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read the book but a funny coincidence is that yesterday I wrote a post on how to make the most of your time. I guess ideas float around and we have picked the same one at the same time!

    Self-help books are usually quite bland and too obvious but of course, there are the ones that speak to us.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top