F Fabric Jewelry Experiment | tamdoll's workspace

Fabric Jewelry Experiment

May 10, 2011

Tamdoll Bracelet Prototype

Tamdoll Bracelet Prototype

Frustrating sometimes, trying something new.  Finished this bracelet – what I thought would be one of many recycled fabric cuffs – and I’m not 100% happy with it. I have some ideas how to improve it so that it will be something I’d be proud to wear and put in my online shop.  I’ll have to work on this some more.

Sometimes I can take apart things I’ve created and salvage materials for a new project – sometimes they sit on a shelf (or floor), sometimes my kids want them - mostly, I don’t know what to do with them.  Crafters, what do you do with products when things don’t go right? 

6 comments:

  1. How do you feel about the knots? When I don't like what I make, I usually try to fix it even if it means using the seam ripper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Failed projects tend to go into the trash bin if they don't have expensive materials in them ...if they do, they sit around for a while and I give them away if someone sees it and expresses an interest in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey now this is very cool - I have made cuffs in the past but yours is way cooler - some of my biggest sellers are "MISTAKES" my hubby always tells me to put it out and see what happens. They always usually seel first...weird right?

    Love you cool cuff.

    tina
    embellishments by tina

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the sewing with knots showing adds to the overall casual feel of the cuff. Looks young and fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone for your comments! I love it when someone likes my cast-offs, my kids are my biggest fans that way.

    With this project, the knots are supposed to be started for each motif, instead I just made some french knots here and there to compensate - I didn't want all the strands all over the place. If they were inside it would have been too bumpy. I'm pretty sure I have to add a border, I don't like the rough edge. Next one will be better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I can recycle the materials I do, otherwise the trash or donation. My husband says I crochet a few rows then pull it out until everything looks right to me.
    I don't think the cuff is all that bad. Maybe something different with the knots or get rid of the knots all together.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top