F Finding Time to Knit or Crochet | tamdoll's workspace

Finding Time to Knit or Crochet

February 3, 2010
fingerless mittens
Another pair of fingerless mittens completed, to be shipped out on Friday.

I don’t usually knit or crochet too much when I’m at home unless I’m finishing up a project . Typically, I have a project or two stashed in my purse and I’m ready to knit whenever I’m stuck waiting.  For my kids.  On a line.  In the car.  At a school.  In a meeting.  These were completed at my town’s deliberative session while folks argued over the school budget that will appear on ballots in March.  I’m glad they’re done.  

I’ve already started another project – a scarf – at a meeting today and worked on it while I was at the town’s budget meeting.  It’s 3/4 of the way done… I’d like to finish it tonight – but I left the meeting early.

One thing that I’ve learned: if I’m listening to something while knitting - a podcast, a lecture, or at a meeting – keeping my hands busy helps me to concentrate better on what I’m hearing.  I definitely absorb more of the information & focus a lot better.  I wish I had known this in high school and college…

Do you have projects that you work on while you’re “on-the-go” ?

4 comments:

  1. I really LOVE those mitts and wish I could create something so cool!! I have a lot of area for improvement in the knitting department :) And I have yet to learn to crochet. On my agenda! I love to take my knitting with me everywhere just in case I have time to work on it. I take it to work in case I have a decent-sized break in which I can knit in my car, I knit while waiting to pick up the kids from extra-curricular activities, doctor's appointments are the best, and sometimes I just take myself to Starbucks and knit just for fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These mitts are really gorgeous and i love the sweet colors. I always take my emboidery bag every day on my way to work. It's always nice to sew while in the train. Hope you are having a lovely week so far and lots of love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like those arm-warmers. I usually don't take any projects with me because everything I like to make is too big and messy to be travel-friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Fanboy Wife!
    Want to laugh?
    I spoke to my mom last week - she said she was so cold, she slipped them onto her feet.

    I don't have the patience to knit anything too time consuming like sweaters, so little projects are about all I can handle.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top