F Practical Crochet | tamdoll's workspace

Practical Crochet

November 17, 2009
Tamdoll's cellphone pouch
I got a new cell phone, and was afraid that when I was traveling this month that it would get scratched up.  So, before my recent plane trip, I grabbed a ball of yarn, a needle, and sat down for a 5 hour flight with an idea and some podcasts (one of my favorites is CraftyPod).
Tamdoll's cellphone pouch
The yarn I used was TOFUtsies (50% superwash wool, 25% soy silk, 22.5% cotton, 2.5% chitin made from shrimp and crab shells!), a sock yarn with antibacterial properties!  (Love the bonus all-natural antibacterial feature, but really I just loved the yarn and the pattern displayed with it when I bought it over a year ago.)
Tamdoll's cellphone pouch I made it snug to fit, and it whipped up in about an hour.
Tamdoll's cellphone pouch
I used Futuregirl’s foundation crochet stitch to make a sturdy starting row (the woman has amazing tutorials!).  It was about 10 stitches long and then I went round and round that base row, adding a few additional stitches in the corners to round it up.  After that it was just sc till it was a smidgen taller than my phone – added a loop and a crochet button to complete.

Very satisfying and practical project.  I love it when I can use what I make.  Now my daughter wants one, so I’ll have to add that to my to-do list.  <cringing>  Which reminds me that I need to write out my to-do list for the next month and I’m scared that I’m going to be overwhelmed when I actually put into print the mammoth amount of things I’m expecting to complete before 2009 is over.  Will put it off for just a few more days…

My favorite crochet hooks to use - Clover Soft Touch Crochet Hooks.

Project on Ravelry: Practical Crochet Cell Phone. 

2 comments:

  1. Congratz on the new cell phone! That is such a cool yarn and i adore the color. And your cell phone bag is gorgeous! Lovely work. :) I hope you dont get too stress with your "to do" list! Take it easy. :)

    Have a lovely merry happy day and love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout out! Your phone cozy looks awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top