F Prize Packed & Shipped | tamdoll's workspace

Prize Packed & Shipped

March 19, 2009
A week ago the Etsy Twitter Team had a St. Patrick’s Day Scavenger Hunt contest and I offered this springy yellow Posy brooch as a prize.  Jennifer I. won it and I sent it along with a shamrock pin and a couple of greeting cards featuring my Serenity© Mermaid doll (pattern at my etsy shop, and I’ll include a card with every pattern purchase).

St. Patrick's Day Scavenger Hunt Prize

I’m still working on learning to use my digital camera, have had it for years, but until now have only used the macro feature.  What I’m trying to learn how to master is the depth of field perception – so not everything behind the main object will be blurry.  I keep taking tons of pictures at different F#  (I’m so technical, eh?) with the plans to compare each one but by the time I get the pictures on my pc I’ve forgotten which order pictures were taken and things are too subtle for me to notice.  Will have to work on this some more.  If you’re familiar with this, please leave me some comments, I’m open to suggestions!

Going to work now on my “K” project for the Letter of the Week.  And, I feel like a complete idiot.  Of course, knitting starts with “k”.  But did I think of that?  No….  instead I’m working on tearing some fabric apart for a kelly-green basket I’m going to crochet.  


earring listing expires 3/22/09 Pictured - tiny matryoshka doll earrings I picked up at a yard sale. Someone had brought these and some enamel pins back from a visit to Russia. Maybe they'll become parts in a craft project at some future time. 

3 comments:

  1. That springy yellow Posy brooch is lovely! Lucky girl! Looking forward to your K project! Have a lovly merry happy day and love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, nice to see what your doing on your blog. Totally love the Brooch and curious what your gonna make with the dolls.
    Hope to see you around. Mika (www.mikascrap.typepad.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lower f-numbers result in a shallow depth of field, while higher numbers result in a larger one.

    Also, each photo should retain its EXIF info when downloaded to the PC. If you have Windows Vista, you can right-click on a photo to view the settings. If not, or you want a quicker/easier method, there are plenty of EXIF viewers that you can download for free. OR you can also view photo properties in Flickr.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top